Monday, July 10, 2006

Killer Kiwi #10

The first day of my brand-new job I tried to look my best
I overslept a tiny bit, but hey! It’s beauty rest.
I wore my miniskirt and heels in three-inch apple green
I’d be the best receptionist L.A. had ever seen.

They showed me to the marble desk with fancy headset phone
“Don’t let the calls back up,” said Boss (in quite the nasty tone.)
I put the headset on but found it really squashed my hair.
The phone rang while I hit the girls’ room doing Coif Repair.

I would have got the next six calls, except I saw my nails
Receptionists can’t have such chips. It’s all in the details.
Then once the polish dried I saw I lacked a proper tan
I spent an hour scheduling my new sunbathing plan.

The switchboard was all lit up like a pretty Christmas tree
“It’s time to work,” I told myself. “I’ll need some energy.”
I drank three mocha Fraps. Then I was ready. I was wired.
The phone rang and I picked it up. “Hello,” said Boss. “You’re fired.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home