Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rare Raspberry #4

When I check myself out in the mirror and think, “damn this coat makes me look fat” remind me of the people on the street who yearn for something warm to wear.

If I start to ransack the cupboards and complain that nothing sounds good and that there is nothing I want to eat, give me that look that says there are millions of people sick and dying because they don’t get food period.

Next time I start having back cramps and whine the whole day about how much it hurts show me pictures of the children born paraplegic or soldiers who have lost limb and movement, fighting to defend my country.

When I start pouting because I want a nicer car, computer, more clothes and a better ipod, gently nudge me and start talking about the people who had their lives washed away to practically nothing by a tsunami.

***

Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and think my life is hard and that I face more than my fair share of challenges. This isn’t actually so. When I take the time to truly evaluate my life, I realize how lucky I am. My life is charmed and even though it’s hard sometimes, if I take a step back I can see it’s really not quite as hard as it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home